04.11.2021 | 10:00 - 20:00
Architekturzentrum Wien, Museumsplatz 1, 1070 Wien
"The most climate-friendly house is the house that is never built", as Gerlind Weber likes to say even though she knows that this is not really an option. How, then, can we make building more climate-friendly by design? How can we improve the carbon footprint of existing buildings and existing neighbourhoods? How can a city prepare for climate change, mitigating any negative impact while establishing climate justice? These and other questions will be addressed at this symposium, attended by distinguished experts from around the world.
10:00 - 12:10 - Session 1, Decarbonised!
- Johannes Zeininger, architect and joint owner of SMART Block Geblergasse
- Barbara Buser, baubüro in situ, on the reuse of structural elements and materials (CH)
- Norbert Mayr, architecture historian, initiator and co-developer of MGG22 — Wohnen morgen
- Florian Nagler, Florian Nagler Architekten, on 3 houses in Bad Aibling (DE)
13:30 - 15:30 - Session 2, panel discussion: The Viennese Context
Part 1: What Are The Targets We Have To Meet?
- Maria Ebetsberger, programme manager, on Infrastructural Adaptation for Climate Change (InKA), City of Vienna Construction Office
- Kurt Hofstetter, coordinator, IBA_Vienna
- Ina Homeier, Smart City Wien
- Stephan Renner, Federal Ministry for Climate Action, Environment, Energy, Mobility, Innovation and Technology
- Theresia Vogel, CEO, Klima- und Energiefond
Part 2: How Can We Achieve Our Goals?
- Gerhard Bayer, project manager, AnergieUrban, ÖGUT
- Renate Hammer, architect, Institute of Building Research & Innovation
- Thomas Madreiter, City of Vienna Planning Director
- Florian Nagler, Florian Nagler Architekten (DE)
- Bernd Vogl, Head of MA 20, City of Vienna Energy Planning
Moderated by Franziska Leeb, architecture publicist
16:00 - 18:30 - Session 3: Climate Change in the City
- Tanja Tötzer, Thematic Coordinator, AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH, on LiLa4Green
- Martin Berchtold, berchtoldkrass space&options / Kaiserslautern University of Technology, on The Climate Adaptation Concepts in Karlsruhe, Freiburg (DE) and Zurich (CH)
- Carlo Ratti, Carlo Ratti Associati, on Parco Romana in Milan (IT)
Followed by a panel discussion with additional guests:
- Susanne Formanek, CEO, GRÜNSTATTGRAU
- Heinrich Schuller, ATOS Architekten, www.architects4future.at
- Oliver Gerner, partner at GERNER GERNER PLUS.
Moderated by Karoline Mayer, Az W
19:00 - 20:00: Keynote Lecture
- Camilla van Deurs, Copenhagen City Architect on Copenhagen's Climate Strategy (DK)
Moderated by Angelika Fitz, director Az W
The event will be held in German and English!
This event is a cooperation of Az W with IBA_Vienna. Concept: Karoline Mayer, Az W
The 3-G rule applies to the event! Reservation is required at: firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition, there will be a live stream. The link will be provided here on the day of the event.